Stars Mite B Team Takes South Shore Conference Championship!
Congratulations to the Stars Mite B team for finishing in first place and taking the South Shore Conference Championship! The team also finished second in the Lobster Pot tournament last weekend. Great job Mite Bs!
Registration for Full Season U6 Hockey (Instructional) Now Open!
Registration for Full Season U6 Hockey (Instructional) Players:
Details of the U6 (Instructional) program
All players born on 1/1/2009 and later will be required to play U6 hockey for the 2015-16 season.
All U6 games will be played on an age appropriate ice surface, with the goal being to have all games played at the middle rink in Hingham.
Costs for U6 will be $720 for the season, and will include a weekly game and practice. There will not be a weekly skills session with our U6 offering.
Coastal Stars U6 (Instructional) registration for the 2015-16 season is now open at coastalstars.com. Instructional hockey is typically for boys and girls who have previously participated in some form of learn to skate program, and are ready to begin playing hockey, although no prior experience is required to register. Registration is also now open for parents who are interested in coaching U6 teams this coming season.
Practices will take place weekly on Monday nights at 5pm at Hobomock Arena in Pembroke. The season starts in late September or early October, and will run through late March.
Games will begin in late September/early October as well, and will run weekly through late March. All Coastal Stars Instructional teams will play in the Yankee Conference, and games will be played Saturday and Sunday mornings in the middle rink (2/3rds sized) at Pilgrim Arena in Hingham.
Cost for the season is $720.
Please contact U6/Instructional Level Director Derek Holte at
with any questions regarding the Coastal Stars U6/Instructional program.
Registration is not complete until payment is received in full. Space may be limited and will be allocated to those who complete the registration and payment first. If you are new to the Coastal Stars, you will need to open an account on the website. Click on all names during the registration to verify all information for parents and children are accurate.
All participants need to register for USA Hockey/Mass Hockey AFTER May 1, 2015. You are responsible for the USA Hockey/Mass Hockey registration fees and will not be able to participate in Coastal Stars activities until confirmation of registration. After registering at www.usahockeyregistration.com you must input the USA confirmation number into the Coastal Stars web site as follows:
click on edit my account tab bottom left
input email address
click on your child
in the middle of page input USA Hockey Confirmation #
Coastal Stars 2015-2016 Full Season Registration Now Open
Coastal Stars 2015-2016 Full Season Registration Now Open
Tuition is $1345.00 ($250 tryout, 3 payments of $365 due on 06/15, 07/15, 08/15).
Full time Goalie with own equipment is $675.00, with Stars Equipment $805.00.
Please take care in choosing the correct registration, as there are separate PLAYER and GOALTENDER registrations.
3rd child discount is $675.00.
Late fee of $50 after March 27, 2015.
A $250 tryout fee is required for all players trying out for the Coastal Stars ($150 of which is refundable up to May 1, 2015 if you decide not to play Stars for the 2015-2016 season). No refunds of any denomination paid will be permitted after May 1, 2015.
For registration questions please contact Mark Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
For tuition or payment questions please contact Mike Tierney - email@example.com
For any other questions please contact Tom McGrath - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Coastal Stars Board of Directors is excited to announce registration for the 2015-2016 season.
There are multiple registrations open at www.coastalstars.com, please read carefully, and register for the program that is appropriate for your child.
Although our price is increasing this year we are still one of the most cost effective programs on the South Shore. We offer weekly skills, set practices and dedicated coaches. Our program is second to none in the amount of ice each player gets for the cost of the program.
1) Registration for 2015-16 Full Season Mite through Bantam Players:
· All Mite through Bantam players will receive a game, practice and weekly skill session as part of their program next year. We anticipate approximately 30 skills sessions during the course of the season.
· Skills sessions will be run by Joe Norris Hockey. Joe Norris and his coaches currently run skills for a prominent EHF program as well as the Coastal Stars. We are very excited to have Joe and his great staff returning for a fourth season
· Total cost for the season will be $1345, which is inclusive of a game, practice and weekly skill session.
· Full Time Goalie tuition (with own equipment) will be $675 for the 2015-16 season. Tuition for goalie using Stars equipment will be $805.
· Third child (full season only) discounted tuition will be $675.
· A $50 late fee will be charged for any registrations after March 27th, 2015.
· A $250 tryout fee will be required for all players trying out for the coastal stars ($150 of which is refundable if you decide not to play Stars for the 2015-2016 season) All refund requests must be received by May 1st.
· All past due balances must be paid in full before ANY player will be allowed to tryout.
Payment plans will be offered as follows:
$250 due at time of signups
$365 due by June 15th
$365 due by July 15th
$365 due by August 15th
This will have your balance paid in full by August 15th. We will not be allowing players to start practicing unless they are paid in full this year.
Details of the 2015-16 Mite Program – VERY IMPORTANT!!!
· All Mites/U8 (2007 and 2008 birthdays) will play a portion of the 2015-16 season on age-appropriate (cross ice or half ice) surfaces, as mandated by USA Hockey and Mass Hockey.
· Mite A and Mite B players in the South Shore Conference will play 16 half ice games in a 4 on 4 (plus goalie) format, starting in September. These teams will also play 8 full ice games starting approximately the 2nd week of January. Full ice playoffs will follow the end of the regular season in March.
· Mite C players in the Yankee Conference will play 8 cross ice games starting in September, followed by 8 half ice games (all in a 4 on 4 plus goalie format) followed by 10 full ice games, and full ice playoffs.
Tryouts will begin in the first 2 weeks of April.
IMPORTANT TRYOUT INFORMATION
Placing players on the appropriate teams is very difficult. In an effort for full transparency here is a how each child will be evaluated. Each returning stars player will have a coaches evaluation that will make up 60% (for players staying at the same level) or 40% (for players moving up a level) of their final placement position. The final percentage will come from the on ice tryouts. The complete placement process will be done as follows:
· Coaches Evaluation: Each child will have been evaluated by their previous coaches. Each Coach, Head Coach and Assistant Coaches will submit separate evaluations for each player. For a player staying at the same level (Mite staying a Mite, Squirt staying a Squirt, etc) the Coach Evaluation will account for 60% of the child’s leveling with the following 40% based upon the following (for players moving up a level a breakdown of 40% for coaches evaluation and 60% for the below will be used).
· Tryout: Your child will have a tryout that will consist of a few drills and a lot of scrimmaging (2 hours total of ice). Your child will be evaluated by at least 4 evaluators. The evaluations will be averaged out and they will be used to help place the player. The tryout will make up the final 40% of the evaluation (or 60% for players new to a level).
The evaluation process outlined above will give us great insight in helping to place each player at the proper level. The final tally of points based on the formulas above will give each player a number that will be ranked. For example, if we have 45 bantam’s trying out the players will be ranked 1-45 based upon the coaches evaluation and tryout evaluations. The top 15 will be Bantam A’s, the next 15 Bantam B’s and the final 15 Bantam B2’s.
NO PLAYER WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE ICE FOR TRYOUTS WITHOUT PAYING THE REGISTRATION FEE.
Should the player decide to withdraw from the Coastal Stars for the upcoming season after tryouts, the family will be refunded the registration fee, less $100. All refund requests must be made before May 1st, 2015 as a result of the organization's need to secure practice ice and to meet league deadlines for the upcoming season with the South Shore Conference and Yankee Conference. No refunds will be considered after May 1st, 2015.
Check List for registration:
1) Credit/Debit Card
2) Shirt Size for next year. (Required to register)
3) Review and vote on the list of candidates running for the Coastal Stars Board of Directors.
4) Verify all information for parents and children are accurate, under your account. We use this information to contact you via telephone, email and US Mail.
In addition to registering with the Coastal Stars, all participants and coaches will need to register with USA Hockey/Mass Hockey AFTER May 1, 2015. You are responsible for the USA Hockey/Mass Hockey registration fee and will not be able to participate in Coastal Stars activities until confirmation of registration is complete on the Coastal Stars website.
Any child who exhibits signs, symptoms or behaviors consistent with a concussion (such as loss of consciousness, headache, dizziness, confusion, or balance problems) shall be immediately removed from the practice or competition and must not return to practice or competition that day. Upon diagnosis of a concussion, the child shall not return to play games or practice until cleared in writing to the Coastal Stars' Athletic Director by an appropriate health-care professional.